Patriots owner Robert Kraft to reject plea deal

Share

That stipulation is a "non-starter" for Kraft, sources told ESPN investigative reporter T.J. Quinn. The letter presses Goodell to ban Kraft from the league if he is found guilty of soliciting sex.

"We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity", his spokesman said. While agreeing to admit guilt would ensure that the Patriots owner would not face any jail time, the Post reported that it would also "certainly mean he'd also face some kind of discipline from the NFL" under the league's personal conduct policy. Since then, the New England Patriots owner has pleaded not guilty to two misdemeanor counts of first-degree solicitation.

Emily Smith of the New York Post shared a similar report, saying there was "absolutely no way" Kraft would accept such a deal.

Kraft's attorney, Jack Goldberger, did not reply to requests to comment Tuesday.

More news: Trout, LA 12-year, $430 million discussing extension
More news: Two dead following reported crush at disco in Cookstown
More news: Supreme Court to hear resentencing case for deadly DC sniper shootings

Quinn notes the evidence in question includes video that authorities allege shows Kraft twice receiving sex acts on January visits to the Orchids of Asia day spa in Jupiter, Florida.

Kraft's attorneys and attorneys for 14 other supsects charged in the prostitution sting filed a protective order on Wednesday to stop law enforcement from releasing evidence gathered during the police investigation, according to TMZ Sports. "Legally, if Kraft keeps up his part of a deal, it's like it never happened".

Kraft is to be arraigned on March 28. Since the case is active and prosecution is pending, police can not release evidence publicly at this time.

Share