Images from the autopsy showed endless piles of rubbish being extracted from the sea mammal's stomach, as the biologists called it "disgusting" and said it was "the most plastic we have ever seen in a whale".
"It was so bad the plastic was beginning calcification", Blatchley told Euronews, "Cetaceans do not drink water from the ocean, they get fresh water from the food they eat, so in the case of this whale, death by dehydration and starvation".
There were 16 rice sacks in its stomach, as well as "multiple shopping bags". "Sixteen rice sacks in total".
Blatchley had said that the ingestion of plastic kills marine animals because these block their gills and stomachs. In coming days, the museum will post all the items found in the whale's system, the museum said in a post on its Facebook page. He added: "Doing this is not just for our gain but mainly to give education and for people to realise how magnificent these animals are".More news: Redmi 7 details spilled on Geekbench just before China debut
More news: Top seeded UVA knocked out by #4 Florida St. in ACC Semifinals
More news: 'Heartfelt grief and sorrow' - Pacific pledges solidarity after Christchurch mosque attacks
Shocking images show the amount of plastic the whale had swallowed.
By the time marine biologist Darrell Blatchley arrived at the fishing village Saturday, the young Cuvier's beaked whale was already floating, dead in the water, its eyes sunken and ribs protruding through its skin.
In June past year, a pilot whale died in Thailand after swallowing 80 plastic bags.
"This can not continue", he said.
In June a year ago, a pilot whale was found dead in Thailand after swallowing 80 plastic bags.
Blatchley and his team work with BFAR and other organizations to assist in rescue and recovery of marine animals. "The Philippines needs to change from the children up or nothing will be left".