NBC Airs Racist Trump Ad Nixed by CNN; Will & Grace Star 'Ashamed'

Share

The 30 second anti-immigration advert, paid for by the Donald Trump for President campaign, was tweeted out by the president last week and aired during an National Football League game on NBC on Sunday night and on Fox News.

Although Fox will not show the ad going forward, the network did air the ad over the weekend before deciding to pull the plug on Monday. "President Trump and his allies will protect our border and keep our families safe", according to the ad, which urges viewers to vote Republican.

"After further review, we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have chose to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible", said Joe Benarroch, a spokesperson for NBC's advertising sales department.

Watch above, via Fox News. Fox did not immediately say how many times it aired on Fox News Channel or the Fox Business Network.

"CNN has made it abundantly clear in its editorial coverage that this ad is racist".

"A lot of things are offensive", he told reporters before departing for a series of campaign rallies.

More news: Wisconsin town mourns 3 Girl Scouts, 1 adult killed in crash
More news: Patriots WR Julian Edelman expected to play vs. Packers
More news: China: Xi-Trump Phone Call ‘Extremely Positive’

The ad includes footage of Luis Bracamontes, a twice-deported immigrant from Mexico sentenced to death in California for killing two police officers.

Will & Grace star Debra Messing criticized NBC for airing the ad, sharing in a tweet to fans that she is "ashamed that my network aired this disgusting racist ad".

Both NBC and Fox News joined CNN in refusing to run a Trump controversial campaign advertisement.

Bracamontes last entered the country in the early 2000s, when George W. Bush was president, according to the Washington Post. He said the media was trying to control what you see and think. As for Facebook, where the campaign had deployed the video as a targeted advertisement, they explained it had violated the company's policy "against sensational content".

On Saturday, after Donald Trump Jr complained on Twitter that CNN had refused to run the advert, CNN replied saying the commercial was "racist". "While the video is allowed to be posted on Facebook, it can not receive paid distribution".

Share