Khashoggi's body cut into pieces and 'dissolved'

Share

The Saudi crown prince accused of having a hand in the murder of Jamal Khashoggi reportedly told White House representatives the Washington Post journalist was a Muslim extremist.

"Khashoggi's body was not in need of burying", said a senior Turkish official, who spoke to the Post on condition of anonymity.

The latest details came as Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said the order to kill Khashoggi came from the "highest levels" of the Saudi government.

Held at the Mayflower Hotel, the memorial was organized by the Justice for Jamal Khashoggi campaign. "But now we see that they didn't just cut it up, they dissolved the body. It was meant to leave no trace of the body". Her fiancé, who wrote for the Post as a columnist, was critical of the Saudi regime.

The reason why they broke up the body is to make it dissolve more easily.

But, the statement said, the Saudis had not answered three questions the Turkish side posed - namely, where Khashoggi's body is; whether Saudi investigators had uncovered evidence about the planning of his killing; and the identity of the reported "local collaborator".

Saudi Arabia faces sharp criticism from the global community in the wake of the death.

Killing an innocent person is one crime, the treatment and extent of what was done to the body is another crime and dishonour.

Saudi Arabia's consulate is pictured from a skyscraper in Istanbul's Levent district, Turkey.

"They aimed to ensure no sign of the body was left". "This is what is understood from the prosecutor's statement", said Aktay, who was also close to the journalist.

More news: Walton on Lakers' 2-5 start: 'Nobody feels sorry for us'
More news: Chinese intelligence officers charged in US aviation hacking
More news: New ‘Super Smash Bros

US State Department spokesman Robert Palladino on Thursday called for Khashoggi's remains to be located and returned to his family for burial as soon as possible.

This image taken from CCTV video obtained by the Turkish newspaper Hurriyet and made available Oct. 9, 2018, purports to show Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Oct. 2, 2018.

"At the same time, I say that it's very important.for the region and [for] the world that Saudi Arabia remain stable", Netanyahu told reporters in the Bulgarian city of Varna.

"Jamal Khashoggi was not a risky person in any way possible".

It remains unknown if the Saudi royal family was involved in the operation, but earlier this month President Trump said the U.S.is determined to get to the bottom of Khashoggi's death.

What happened to journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a critic of the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, has been the subject of denials, official leaks, presidential speeches, changing Saudi narrative and global outrage.

Hatice Cengiz, Khashoggi's fiancee, has written in the Washington Post, calling on the global community to bring the perpetrators to justice.

"The Trump administration has taken a position that is devoid of moral foundation", she wrote, adding that "there will be no cover-up".

As we witness the global outrage at his killing, the perpetrators should know that they can never erase his vision for his beloved country. "They have only emboldened it". He entered the consulate to sort out documents for his marriage.

"At the consulate, I was left at the door alone".

Share