Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes pose in Everton shirts

Share

Marco Silva's Everton looked to be heading into the 2018-19 season having only strengthened with Richarlison and Lucas Digne, but on Thursday they found agreements with Barcelona for Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes, while Brazil global Bernard signed on a free transfer following his Shakhtar Donetsk departure.

The 25-year-old, who has previously been linked with Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United, also branded Everton a "fantastic club" upon his arrival.

Mina joins Everton on a five-year contract for a fee thought to be in the region of £27m, while Gomes jets in on a season-long loan deal.

Gomes and Mina could be registered in time to face Wolves in the Premier League opener this Saturday, but that game may come too soon for them as they look to bed in at Everton.

Barcelona can buy the centre-half back for around £30m if he does well at Goodison but, for now, he is an Everton player.

More news: Making purchases on Amazon Alexa - KVOA | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona
More news: Poland confirms support for territorial integrity of Georgia
More news: Boris Johnson was RIGHT on burka ban comments, senior Imam says

Fellow Barca bench player Andre Gomes has also chose to join the Toffees on a loan deal after consultation with Mina.

Everton had a dramatic end to the window, wrapping up deals for Bernard - the Brazil worldwide who arrived on a free from Shakthar Donetsk - and Andre Gomes, the Portuguese midfielder who had also been at Barcelona. "He is a very good coach and he has achieved really good things at other clubs", he said in a statement.

Speaking to evertontv, Bernard said that the chance to join a "great club with great tradition" was the key driving factor behind his decision to sign for the club, vowing to help "make things happen" alongside former Watford manager Silva. "When I found out about this opportunity and what the manager wanted out of me I was happy".

Bernard, also 25, has signed a four-year deal with the Merseyside club after his contract at Shakhtar ran out in June.

Share