The man Incognito got into a disagreement spoke with TMZ and said Incognito first threw a tennis ball at him before throwing a dumbbell at him. The man who Incognito scraped with the weight sled is the one who called police, and according to the report, while he was outside alone with Incognito, the former Bills guard told him, "Get out of my f--g playground".
Just two days after the Bills released him, the offensive lineman is in a mental health facility.
Employees at the gym told police that Incognito also threw items at them.
Incognito had been accused of racist behavior before, as well as of "dirty" play on the field, and it happened again in Buffalo's final game of last season, a playoff loss to the Jaguars.
As O'Brien called authorities, Incognito can be heard in the background of the 911 call yelling at O'Brien and threatening him.More news: Mussels off Washington state test positive for opioids and antibiotics
More news: USA and North Korea Are Talking Again, Summit May Still Happen
More news: Kanye paid $85K for disturbing pic of Whitney Houston's cocaine-filled bathroom
When police approached Incognito, he told them he was training when he felt like he was being watched.
When police arrived, a Lifetime Fitness staff member said he had been hit in the arm by an Incognito tennis ball.
Officers said when they tried to tell Incognito they were concerned he would hurt someone or himself; he asked a woman at the gym to call the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
After the Buffalo Bills granted the 34-year-old four-time Pro Bowl lineman his release Monday, TMZ reported Incognito was out drinking at SALT7 in Delray Beach. "I don't know the whole story, but wish him the best and hope he gets everything figured out". Following the incident, Incognito was sent to involuntary psychiatric care by authorities. Earlier this year, he used Twitter to fire his agent. He had previously restructured his contract with the team before announcing his retirement.
The incident occurred two days after the Bills released Incognito from the reserved/retired list, which effectively made him a free agent and allowed him an opportunity to continue his National Football League career. He was suspended by the team in November 2013 for conduct detrimental to the team after an alleged bullying incident with then-teammate Jonathan Martin.